Party Look #1 – How to make your own dress?
Hi, Gorgeous People!
Yeah, finally found a lousy Sunday afternoon to blog, and here it goes. Today, my OOTD (or) what i call as the LookBook post is about a chic and trendy party wear! Also, this dress is going to be quite a surprise. Why? Well, before that, have a sneak peek!
Well, the dress is pretty, ain’t it? But how much did it cost? Where did I buy? Buaahah, i didn’t buy it I made it from my old clothes. Yeah, here is the procedure.
What all will you need?
1. A tube top or razorback (I have taken a blue razorback top)
2. A netted stole in color of the razor back
3. An old dress, tee-shirt, or shirt in contrasting color (I have taken a pink dress)
4. A brooch or large belt
5. Pair of ballerinas or pumps
First wear the tube top/ razorback and a seamless panties. Wear your old dress or tee-shirt from the bottom such that it looks like a skirt. Wrap around the sleeves in a suave fashion and secure it with a belt or brooch. Now, use the stole to make a top above your razorback. Wrap the stole on your front, and twist then in the back, make a crisscross, and tie it up into your neck like a halter top. Finally pair it up with shoes and accessories.
Where I got the stuffs I used from?
1. Tank top – Jockey – Rs. 189
2. Stole – From a thrift market in T.Nagar, Chennai – Rs. 80
3. Dress – On sale at Wendell Rodrick’s – 2 years back – Rs. 1999 (Without discount)
4. Brooch – Globus Rs. 99 (Part of some other neck piece)
5. Shoes – Bata – Rs. 349
6. Earrings and Necklace – TerraBella – https://www.facebook.com/terrabellajewellery (Ask on the site for rates)
7. Bangles – From a thrift market in Triplicane, Chennai – Rs. 10 each
One more picture!
P.S: It is super comfortable.
P.P.S: I have put no make up, as I just wanted to share the outfit alone, the nail paint that I am sporting is Maybeline ColorShow – Reviewed here.
Do you like my outfit? Share it in any of the social media!
Posted on September 7, 2014, in How to? DIY!, LookBook, Party and tagged Bata, DIY, Dress from Scarf, Globus, How to?, Jockey, LookBook, OOTD, Skirt from Dress, TerraBella, Tops from Scarf, Wendell Rodricks. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.