LAKME – SUNSCREEN (SPF 24 – PA++), AFTER SUN FACE WASH, AFTER SUN GEL – REVIEW
Hi Gorgeous People!!
The summer is too cruel, isn’t it? Damn, if there was any option at all I would definitely break-up with dear Sunny! Well, to protect ourselves from the harmful radiations of the sun we need to be well equipped and properly armed, that’s where the sunscreen, after sun face wash, and gel comes into the scene. I kind of equipped myself in prior with these 3 LAKME goodies by the month of March itself. In places like mine (Chennai) it is mostly summer only. I use these products for the past 2-3 years during summer (March – June).
LAKME is a company that doesn’t need much of an introduction since it is almost a household name in every trendy girl’s place. LAKME is one of the Indian Brands that is owned by Hindustan Unilever and the CEO is Pushkaraj Shenai. Lakme was named after the French band Lakme which in turn was the Indian goddess name Lakshmi’s French adaption. Lakme is not just a set of cosmetics’ brand but they also have range of salons at various places in India.
Visit the LAKME official site: LAKME INDIA
Rate: Rs. 225 for 120ml
This sunscreen is one of the reputed and well known range of sunscreens which is provides protection against both UVA and UVB rays. The SPF – Sun Protection Factor is 24 and the PA – Protection Grade of UVA is ++. It is nicely designed to match the Indian weather conditions and Indian skin tone.
- It gives a complete soothing effect as soon as we apply it on our skin and when we go out it sun, in addition to the protection it gives a cooling effect too.
- It is suitable for all skin types and ages (my whole family uses this).
- This SPF/PA – 24++ is perfect for both body as well as face. Also, this is neither too hard on skin nor less protective.
- It improves the skin tone considerably therefore there is no need for an additional fairness lotion.
- The fragrance is pleasant and soothing. It is neither too gaudy nor too mild.
- The effect wears out soon – like in 2-3 hours. Therefore, we need to wash our face and reapply every 2 hours once.
- It makes the skin oily, sweaty, and sticky thus reducing the glow of our skin after applying.
- For better results, apply 20-30 minutes before going out in the sun, as suggested.
- Even men can use this product, since it is unisex. It gives a good result on men’s skin too, but rarely men use it since they consider LAKME as female brand. Men can go for SPF 30-50 range.
AFTER SUN FACE WASH
Rate: Rs. 85 for 50g (however, mine was free with the 120ml sunscreen)
The face wash is crafted for cleansing, de-tanning, and soothing the face after exposure to the sun. This product has a right blend of UV Filter chemicals alongside natural ingredients like lemongrass and cucumber. This product also contains IODINE (so people who are allergic to iodine should not even try using this).
- It immediately removes the tan and stickiness from the face leaving a whitened glow back on the face.
- It gives an immense cooling effect on the face that last for some time even after washing.
- It is not harsh on the skin and it doesn’t cause any rashes. It suits all skin types and ages.
- In comparison with other face washes, little more is needed in terms of quantity as it doesn’t foam much.
AFTER SUN GEL:
Ingredients: Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, BIS-PEG-18 methyl ethyl dimethyl silane, propylene glycol, niacinamide, triethanolamine, carbomer, perfume, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, ethylhexyl salicilate, disodium EDTA, allantoin, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, tocopheryl acetate, lemongrass extract, cucumber fruit juice, lactic acid, DMDM hydration, iodopropynyl butyl carbamate. (I threw away the outer cover, so I couldn’t click the picture).
Rate: Rs. 175 for 50gms.
The after sun skin lightening and De-Tan gel is the best accomplice to the sunscreen and the after sun face wash. It improves the skin tone significantly and also provides excellent soothing effect on the screen that lasts long especially when applied overnight gives a clear face in the morning.
- It provides fairness, as well as cooling effect that stays for long time.
- The odor is pleasant and refreshing therefore it is perfect to wear during nights.
I’ve reviewed all these 3 together because they give perfect sun block and de-tan when used together. Skipping any of these might not be as effective as all of these together.
Will I use it? Always! No doubt.
Will I recommend it? Yes, if your skin is not too oily. It is worthy but do select the right SPF before picking the perfect sunscreen for you.
Where to Buy?
Offline: Health and Glow, Any store that sells cosmetics.
Online: Purplle.com and various other sites too.
Posted on May 6, 2014, in Essentials' Reviews, Skin Care and tagged After Sun, De-tan Gel, Essentials, Facewash, LAKME, PA ++, Reviews, Skin Care, Skin Lightening, SPF 24, Summer Care, Sun Block, Sunscreen. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.